Out of School Care
The centre provides interesting programs for primary school children after school, during school holidays and on pupil-free days.
To get in contact with us please use our NEW phone number, 9234 7511.
Our Centre operates during the following times:
Before and After School Care
6.45am to 8.45am Monday to Friday
3.05pm to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
6.45am to 6pm each week day during holidays.
See our Vacation Programme for all details.
To ensure the St Munchin’s Out of School Care service offers high quality care for children attending pre-primary to year six in a safe, friendly, age appropriate environment for children and their parents, with professional, caring and motivated staff.
The focus of St Munchin’s Out of School Care service is the happiness and well-being of your child. We believe that the program for our centre should provide opportunities for children to participate in stimulating activities, dynamic play and lateral exploration to encourage both individual processes and social/group engagements that are part of a shared, collaborative and resource rich environment.
Quality after school care and vacation care helps children develop their potential in all areas of emotional, social and physical development. Our centre seeks to emphasize creativity, imagination and lateral invention in our approach to making fun, and believe that both the programme and staff initiatives should reflect such modelling through an ethic of improvisation, creative imagination, problem solving, self challenge and humour. In this way, it is important to us that the program encourages a deeply child-centred environment with an ‘extension’ approach to developmental challenge.
We believe that self choice is an essential base of children’s enjoyment in their recreational time, and therefore we will seek to extend the range of children’s experience through facilitating planned activities as well as spontaneous forms of play.
Parents are encouraged to develop effective communication with the staff at the centre. The Centre phone number is 9234 7511 or email us.
Our staff show the children respect as individuals and respond to their needs in a warm, safe and friendly environment.
- To provide a safe and secure environment.
- To provide an environment for children to feel relaxed and in a place where they belong.
- To provide a range of stimulating developmental and social activities which cater to individual needs and abilities.
- To provide a place for children to make new friends.
- To maintain high levels of health, hygiene and cleanliness.
- To promote respect and consideration of others.
- To promote self responsibility by providing opportunities for children to make choices, take on new challenges and enhance self-esteem.
- To value and encourage the involvement of children and parents in program development.
At St Munchin’s School Child Care Service we acknowledge learning as a lifelong process and recognise families as children’s first and most influential educators. We celebrate the dignity values, knowledge, skills, cultural experiences and God given gifts of each child, their family and their community.